Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Peaceful and Positive

As I drove home from work tonight the last golden rays of the sun were reaching out, draping the east end in warm, amber goodness. It was delicious. I pressed the gas pedal harder to make it up my rocky driveway about 4 seconds faster than usual. I wanted to shower and come outside to enjoy it. I missed most of the setting, but sat down to enjoy the watercolor brush strokes ranging from pastel to electric. They continue to fade as I type. The sky de-saturates, drained of its once vivid hues. The pillar in front of me divides the sky into blue and yellow, hiding the silky silver sliver of a moon. I can almost distance myself from my familiar surroundings, making them feel unfamiliar and new again, paradise reborn. A bottle of Riesling chills in the fridge and a half full (or is it half empty?) glass sits in the cobalt wine glass beside my keyboard. The world is quiet, a single bird flits about in front of my house, in the distance a dog barks and another answers, the smell of freshly cut grass hangs in the air and as I gaze out over the ocean, the mountainous silhouettes of St. Thomas and the British Virgins are unusually defined today. A delicate breeze teases the freshly cleaned skin on my bare arms and legs. I want to laugh and cry at the same time. In this moment I sit in silent ecstasy.

This is my life.

This is for real.

This doesn't suck.
Share:

0 comments:

a diamond in the rough

a diamond in the rough
Powered by Blogger.

Follow me...

BTemplates.com