Friday, February 15, 2008

My Valentine's Day

I had a stressful day, some rude people and everyone needing everything right away. Sorry, this is St. Croix, not NYC, things move slower here and some things are impossible. I didn't have time for lunch or even a bathroom break until 4:30 (not fun) and at that time I headed to buy my friend some chocolates to thank her for lending me something I needed to finish a piece of jewelry I was working on. It was great to see her and we had a champagne toast, I think she may have already started in on the bottle. That is when my day finally got better. She was in a great mood and we chatted for awhile. She gave me a card addressed to "cell block sexy" and some extravagant lotion and incense. I must have hugged her about 10 times. She really made my day.

With my negative day turned positive I headed to make one last Valentine's Day delivery on the north side of the island. It was a nice, quiet drive and I took in the beauty of the island. Before I knew it I was there! I always thought that drive was so much longer. I guess I was just distracted. On my way home I stopped at the grocery store for a bottle of wine, I already knew what I wanted and also opted to buy some fixin's for one of my favorite meals, Moroccan Chick Pea Stew.

So now I am here, sitting quietly in my room with a bottle of "Sin Zin" red zinfandel and my yummy stew. I made a new playlist on my jukebox and I am just enjoying some quality "Nicole time". Valentine's Day should be spent with the ones we love, I am getting there ♥
Share:

0 comments:

a diamond in the rough

a diamond in the rough
Powered by Blogger.

Follow me...

BTemplates.com