Friday, July 4, 2008

Recipe Post - Spicy Moroccan Chick Pea Stew with Tofu

I made a fabulous dinner for myself this evening, having returned from play rehearsal early enough to cook. It is a variation of a recipe I posted months ago, made with what I had on hand, Moroccan Eggplant with Garbanzo Beans. I am all about one pot meals, especially being veggie, and because I am cooking for one and am not a fan of doing dishes! It probably only took me about 40 minutes max from prep to finish.

Here is the recipe for tonight's variation:

1/2 of a large onion, chopped
4-5 cloves of garlic, pressed
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil (I have some organic olive oil that is to die for!)
1- 14oz can of vegetable broth
1- 14oz can stewed/ crushed tomatoes
1- 14oz can chick peas/ garbanzos
1 medium eggplant, chopped into 1 inch pieces
1lb firm tofu
1/2 of a 10oz bag of washed baby spinach
1 teaspoon garam masala
2 teaspoons tumeric
red pepper flakes
salt and pepper

Saute the onion and garlic in olive oil in a large skillet until tender, add a bit of broth to cover the bottom the pan and continue to saute for another minute. Add eggplant and chick peas/ garbanzos, tumeric and garam masala, mix until spices coat everything. Add the remaining broth and tomatoes and continue to cook over medium low heat, stirring occasionally for approx 15 minutes. Add the tofu and red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste, mix and cook for another 5 minutes or so. Add the spinach last, allowing it to wilt with the heat before serving.

Delish!
Share:

0 comments:

a diamond in the rough

a diamond in the rough
Powered by Blogger.

Follow me...

BTemplates.com