Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Perfectionism

"In the pursuit of perfection, we set ourselves up for failure because of the very nature of the goal." - me

This is so true isn't it? The quest for perfection is debilitating in so many ways. There is that desire to do everything so well, so consistently, in every area of our lives. Of course we are all human, and therefore perfection is an unreasonable expectation, but it certainly doesn't keep so many of us from seeking it. No wonder that those of us who call ourselves perfectionists are never satisfied, we will never reach this unrealistic goal and therefore will always be failing in our own eyes. We will never, ever be good enough.

I have spent years trying to be good enough for other people and never feeling I am, when in many cases that was far from true, in reality I was never good enough for myself.

That is my goal, to be good enough for me, but can I unlearn the vicious cycle of perfectionism in order to let myself just be?
Share:

0 comments:

a diamond in the rough

a diamond in the rough
Powered by Blogger.

Follow me...

BTemplates.com