Saturday, May 2, 2009

Simple Pleasures

Sometimes the simplest things can invoke such a strong feeling of joy and bliss; the way a palm tree in the foreground of your vision sits against the lavishly colored sunset, the way the late afternoon sun hits the side of that house on the hill you've never noticed before, the scent of night blooming jasmine entangled with passion fruit delighting your nose, a cool Caribbean breeze tickling your bare skin, a cup of tea, an evening alone, a "room of one's own".

I've been very fortunate in the sense that I not only do well in pretty much everything I do, but to have always had enough to sustain me. In fact, more often than not in my adult life I have had a good bit of "disposable income". Apparently though, I disposed of it all. I try to take all the challenges and obstacles in my life and make them lessons, learning experiences and opportunities for personal growth and the current state of my finances is no exception. I'm spending smarter and taking pleasure in the simplicity.

"Manifest plainness,
Embrace simplicity,
Reduce selfishness,
Have few desires."
- Lao-Tzu, Tao Te Ching
Share:

2 comments:

TerryC said...

Attitude is everything. It's worked for a lot of people for a long time.

Great post!

Nicole said...

Yay for attitude!
Yay for a lot of people!
Yay for the other people!

a diamond in the rough

a diamond in the rough
Powered by Blogger.

Follow me...

BTemplates.com