Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Treating Myself...well

With yesterday being the one year anniversary of my visit to the hospital with a nearly-exploding ovary, I decided it was a good day to treat myself well. I began working on a piece of jewelry for myself, actually two of them, that I had started kicking around ideas for years ago. I finally mounted the gorgeous 30-something carat aquamarine cabochon that I had bought on a trip to St. Thomas when I was still married. I remember the excitement when I bought it, such a simple purchase that made me truly happy. Through the years I have pulled out the stone many a time, but have never found the perfect mounting for it. So, I made the bezel setting, thinking that would get me going. I wanted to wear it as a ring, but found information that Aquamarine is best worn close to the neck, so a pendant it became. Aquamarine is a stone of protection, safe travels over water, strengthening and filtering psychic abilities and overall balance. Perfect.
I also started to polish up a silver cuff bracelet I have had for years, longer than the aqua, and noticed a few small nicks and dents. Not fantastic, but then I got an idea. This is what became of it, and I think it is one of the coolest pieces I have made in awhile!
It's important to nurture my art for my own personal pleasures too, and make things that are just for me. I also treated myself to chocolate, as I was buying some for a friend who was having a less than pleasant afternoon.

Yesterday was a great day, for many reasons, far better than the May 12th a year ago.
Share:

0 comments:

a diamond in the rough

a diamond in the rough
Powered by Blogger.

Follow me...

BTemplates.com