Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Eyes on the skies...

Lately, I have been getting lost in the skies. A lot. I mentioned this to a friend who agreed that summer skies are just amazing, they truly look like a path to another dimension, and the depths are beyond anything I can describe in words. Honestly, sometimes I need to remind myself to pay attention to the road in front of me when I am driving in my car, I just find myself absolutely enamored with the stunning beauty above. I used to be guilty of not being able to see two feet in front of myself, both literally and figuratively, but now I am looking forward, ahead, in far more ways than one.

This reminds me of a quote that I have seen used often in association with skydiving:

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

I told another friend about a skydiver I met this weekend, and she told me that I always seem to run into skydivers! It is true. On my way back from Operation Freefall this year, I sat next to a guy on the airplane who was a skydiver. Is it their energy I am attracted to, or vice versa? Perhaps I really do have that skydiving passion in me, it may just be quiet for the time being while I make my peace with the loss of my friend now almost three years back.

The skies are telling me something, and I am being open and listening. For the first time in a long time, I have found myself calm and serene when flying in airplanes, something I can't usually say. My plane flight up to 13,500 this year was the most calm one ever, usually I find myself stricken with nerves and a knotty stomach instead.

You might say my head is in the clouds, and my eyes are on the skies, and it is a delightful place to be!
Share:

0 comments:

a diamond in the rough

a diamond in the rough
Powered by Blogger.

Follow me...

BTemplates.com