Monday, November 23, 2009

It's a good week to be thankful

Somethings happen in our lives and remind us of all we have to be thankful for and appreciate. Sometimes these experiences are good and sometimes bad, but they help us to appreciate the beauty in this life and the magic that surrounds us all - if we let it in.

This week I found myself with another severe and potentially life altering medical condition - one which could have caused me to lose sight in one of my eyes. As a creator of art in many forms, this was scary, emotional and concerning at best. At the end of the day, I am remaining positive and know that whatever the outcome, I will take it in stride as I have everything in my life. Through the process, doctor's visits, pharmacy runs, questions concerns and reaching out for help, I have realized what an amazing group of people I have in my life. In tough times, you really do find out who your true friends are, and I am a lucky, lucky girl to have so many wonderful people on my side.

(Michael and I at a 'Razzle Dazzle' outing)

This week has also brought about another one of those experiences that often takes a leap of faith but ends up paying off in so many ways. More stories to be filed under the "rocking chair" category, as a friend once put it to me. Stories and memories that I will have for years to come, and will be telling to those around me when I am a crazy old lady and on (or possibly off) my rocker, reminiscing about the life I lived, the risks I took and the opportunities I embraced. Remembering the good and the bad, how far I've come, all I've accomplished and everything I have learned along the way. These are the moments...

(me helping Captain Al fly back from Virgin Gorda in 2008)


In my life I continue to find new levels of happiness I never thought possible. Life is truly amazing, today is a beautiful day to be alive and there is so much to be thankful for!
Share:

1 comments:

TerryC said...

You'll never be on your rocker, just look at those who brought you up!

But why would you want to be
(on a rocker)? Can't do a lot from a chair!

"We're all here because we're not all there".....

Glad you're feeling better!

a diamond in the rough

a diamond in the rough
Powered by Blogger.

Follow me...

BTemplates.com